• Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
• Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
• Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
• Can be hidden as a foraging reward
• Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications
• Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
• Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
• Is an excellent diet conversion tool – as documented here: EASY DIET CONVERSION VIA HARRISON’S BIRD BREAD
• May make up to 30% of the daily diet.
• If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a “treat” and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
• Can be served warm.
• Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.